About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, April 04, 2008

A Brilliant Solution

Need a swift to corral your yarn while winding it up? Middlest sent me this link. Clever! I still have my 20+ year old umbrella swift that has served me so well, and I can tell that it is getting a wee bit creaky. Not unlike its owner.

Great fun with the dinner bunch last night. Major storms were forecast for the evening into overnight, and I can hear stuff splashing down outside. One of my paralegals warned me that tornadoes were a possibility. I got a few drops on the trunk while we were at dinner, and we had a perfect evening for strolling. There were handfuls of musicians on the sidewalks and in some of the shops.

LittleBit got all the graduation paraphernalia that she ordered. I have a wee calling card on my desk that I would love to show you, but then the Bad Yarn Pirates would know who we are and come steal my Alice Starmore books while we were sleeping. Or possibly LittleBit herself, which would be even sadder. So, no.

But two months from Monday, my last child will be graduating from high school and beginning Real Life in Earnest. I loved the Harlot’s post last year and echo many of her sentiments.

And now, if you will all excuse me, I need to go out in the rain and pick up the brownie mix to make the brownies that I will be taking to the dance tonight.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I can't believe that my BABY sister is so grown up. When I saw her at church last Sunday, she just looked very adult and that is still weird for me sometimes. At least you know that your other "adult" children have turned out ok, minus some bumps and bruises along the way. Y'all must have done something right.

Aisling said...

You don't make your brownies from scratch???? ;) j/k. I actually don't make brownies, unless I have to. . . The tinker swift is cool, but it looks like it would take more time than my two little kids chairs back to back that I've been using. . . though, I have to move the yarn around them. blaahhhh. Speaking of winding, thats what i'm doing today. Red white & blue.

Rory said...

I hope you have a great time at the dance! <3