About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Three More Boxes Before Breakfast

And one before bedtime.



The flatware box arrived at work yesterday.



I had thought of lovingly polishing each piece of silver before inserting it in its new home. Then I realized how long that would take, as compared to how tired I was, and I just plunked them in there, re-wrapped the bubble wrap around it, put it back into the box it came in, and added it to a stack.

I only spent an hour at Knit Night last night. All that busy-bee stuff from Monday must have caught up with me. I stayed long enough to frog the Flared Lace Smoke Ring, after reading that the top measurement should be 22”, and not the bottom, which should be 28”.

I am going to cast on with my #10 DP’s and then knit with the #8 tips which I borrowed from Jeri. And my next splurge at KnitPicks [after the move, obviously] will be more of these tips, and DP’s in the sizes I don’t already have. These needles are as much better, for most of my purposes, than my beloved Addi Turbo’s, than my Turbo’s are over my Clover bamboo circs.

The kluge of formerly-neatly-folded clean laundry that slid off the end of the bed, is mostly put away. My three new shirts are hung up. The mending is in a box of its own. I do not delude myself that I am in control of this day, my life, or anything else that matters to me. But parts of it, at least, are relatively contained.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

The flatware case is divine. I don't blame you for not polishing the silver. Maybe after you move you can bring it over and let me help you polish it. That's about all I'm good for these days, activities that I can do while sitting down. :)