About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crazy Day

I am settling in at my new desk. The computer is hooked up, and I now have two additional printers I may use. I am far, far away [but not on Judea’s plains] from the fax machine, the scanner, my old printer, and the hustle and bustle of the front desk. I can park a pistachio shell in my cheek like the squirreliest of squirrels and not have to worry about looking presentable if somebody walks up to my desk.

When I started this draft, there were no tapes to transcribe, no minor settlements to enter, and I couldn’t get into Audix to set up my voicemail. By the time I went home, I had transcribed one short tape, assembled three or four vacation letters for one of the attorneys, helped scan the daily mail and the fax confirmations, and spent rather more time than I would have liked, sitting and twitching and trying to figure out what to do next.

I took another batch of books to Half Price Books last night and put the green chairs in the back of the car to give to Fourthborn and set the trash can and the recycling bin out by the curb.

I know where my black leather jacket is, and my brown suede one too.



I blocked Adamas before leaving for work and have it in my bag to take for show and tell at Knit Night. Here is a closeup.



Now I can officially mark it as a FO on Ravelry!

Chatted briefly with 2BDH and asked if he would rather have a scarf [albeit a manly one, not lacy like Secondborn’s] or a pair of boot socks for when he takes the Scouts camping next time. He loves scarves. So I will take the Gloss fingering weight which is just a bit darker than Adamas and knit him a manly scarf. If I manage well, there might be just enough left for a hat or a wee scarf for BittyBubba.

4 comments:

Tan said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Jenni said...

A person from our family finished a project. I guess that's not really fair because you have finished plenty of them recently, I guess it's just me that has finish-itis.

Anonymous said...

Imagine, a man preferring a scarf over handknit socks!

Bonnie said...

Well fiberjoy, you may have thought the emphasis on LOVES was overkill, but he really does love scarves. He found a scarf/hat duo that was an all in one piece in the lady's section of a dept store about 6 years ago and he wears it every winter. It is black with fur trim around the face. He wears it because it is "warm", so I can't wait to get him to wear an actual manly scarf. :)