About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Caesar salad for breakfast?

Doesn’t everybody? I went to the health club around 6:30 this morning, armed with my swimsuit, soccer slides, multiple towels, water bottle, yoga mat, book to read, sports bag, and the stuff that keeps me legal while driving.

Twenty minutes on the treadmill, twenty-five minutes on the recumbent bike, then into my suit and slides for fun in the water, well over 45 minutes’ worth. There was only one other swimmer most of the time I was there, and two guys sitting in the spa, so I was able to do as I pleased. A little jogging, a bit of water aerobics that I remembered from rehabbing that broken leg, basic ballet extensions, and back into the shower for Ms. Ravelled to try the club's shampoo and body wash. They have a machine that you can stick your swimsuit into, and it will spin out the excess water! How much do you want to bet that somebody’s mommy thought that one up?

And the pizza de resistance? I weighed myself after I was dressed, and I have lost 3.5 lbs since last Saturday. I celebrated by a trip to Wally World to get more strawberries, a chicken Caesar salad, bananas, etc. They didn’t have the clementines that I like, so I drove on to Tom Thumb and picked up 4# of baby carrots for $4!!! Plus the clementines and a package of mini croissants from the bakery. I am going to freeze them, then slice them while frozen and make tiny sandwiches to take to work. If I do that every other day or so, and have them with soup, that package of 14 will last me almost a month. Longer, if I only take them to work.

Then I went to the library and picked up three novels by Diana Gabaldon. I wanted the first one in her famous series (Outlander?), but it was checked out. So I have three of her “Lord John” novels. I have heard high praise for the Outlander series, but I do not know if the people who have praised it, have literary standards similar to my own.

I’ll get back to y’all with a book review, on down the road. So what am I going to do for the rest of the day? Read the lesson for RS and immerse myself in the scriptures. [I have sorely missed my weekly temple time, the past two weeks.] Possibly go to the singles’ picnic later today; probably not. There is the matter of that second half of Mount Washmore. And while I got nigh unto eight hours of sleep last night, more or less unbroken, I would not be averse to a nap after awhile.

And you know there will be knitting. But right now there are strawberries that are calling my name, and I think I will roast half of the carrots with a splash of juice, fennel seed, and a touch of freshly grated nutmeg. This was a 200-calorie salad, not one of those obscenely caloric ones from a restaurant. And it's the first thing I have eaten since 4:00a.m. Maybe I’ll grab that last apple [drat! I forgot to buy apples!] and wave it over the Nutella jar.

2 comments:

Tola said...

lots of sex in Outlander, some a bit violent and deviant.

my verification word is "prervtx"!

Lynn said...

Oh dear. Thanks for the warning! These books may be going back to the library in very short order...