About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I need more hours, please!

Twenty-four are not quite enough, it seems.

Had a good checkup at the dentist’s yesterday. My little cheapie battery-powered toothbrush is having results that make my dental hygienist very happy with me. She did not have to bring out the jackhammer to clean my teeth.

It was cool enough in the morning that when I stopped for gas, I bought another insulated mug for hot chocolate and had the first of the season.

We had a brief(ish) staff meeting. We are trying a pilot program in terms of how the mediations get scheduled. Who backs up whom in cases of short- and long-term absences, has been tweaked a little, as have my job duties. I made some progress digging out from the stuff that piled up when I was on vacation and out sick on Monday.

Dinner was maybe the best yet. I told him that I need to start bringing my camera, because I think nobody believes me. I have an impeccably cooked salmon steak in the fridge and a generous slice (two servings, maybe three, if I behave myself) of key lime cheesecake. And good music playing in the background; always something a little different, as his musical taste is as catholic as my own. Zydeco, John Philip Sousa, MoTab. As always, the company is even better than the food.

I left his place at 9:22 and made good time getting home. But still, it was after 11:00 when I was done on Facebook. And it’s a little too late this morning to have hope of getting a lane at the pool; I was severely disappointed yesterday morning. The gym bag is in the trunk, and I’m going to the temple after work, and maybe tonight I will actually be able to sufficiently chlorinate myself. My right foot is thinking about being itchy. I want to discourage that.

I need to jump over to Etsy and give feedback on the ribbons which arrived in the mail yesterday. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

The current knitting project frogged well and is looking much better on bigger needles. I have switched from stockinette (all knitting, to you muggles) to seed stitch (alternated K1 P1 over an odd number of stitches so that you do not get ribbing, but an allover pattern that is both mindless and stable). While a sweater entirely in seed stitch would drive me nuts [OK, more nuts], for a project this size it is eminently do-able.

Speaking of nuts, I need to grab my camera and take pictures of the top step. Apparently there is a squirrel who likes to sit there and eat acorns. Better that than a cat who brings me dead mice. When I was home on Monday, there were several squirrels in the yard, all flourishing their tails with much enthusiasm.

OK, so if I’m not going to the gym this morning, I had better hit the shower and pack my lunch. I might have to break down and iron a shirt while I am at it.

He is feeling guilty because I have to drive so far. I don’t mind, though I know a way to fix that ;)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad that you had such an enjoyable evening and a safe drive home.

Bonnie said...

Do you remember creepy squirrel (the ceramic squirrel who lived on Jenni's neighbor's porch when she lived in the apt complex right before she moved to Florida)? Ash was terrified of that thing. I think you should get a picture and post it on Ashley's facebook. Haha.