About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh gack. Just, gack.

I am not going to be my usual perky self today. Not when I am feeling like the last act of “Camille” and need to be well for work, not to mention for my date tomorrow night.

I came straight home from church yesterday, pausing only briefly after sacrament meeting to be set apart for my new calling. I feel reasonably confident that once my sinuses are no longer overreacting, I will be properly enthusiastic about the new adventure. I am the newest member of the ward activities committee. [The new guy says he loved that calling, because you can do all sorts of crazy things. Which would seem to be right up my alley.]

Bishop said he had also just received the paperwork to initiate my serving as a temple worker. I smiled blearily up at him. My spirit is jumping up and down and SQUEEEing. My body just wants to breathe. Or, alternatively, sleep.

I finished the doll-sized purple cashmere cowl yesterday, before church. Then I grabbed three harmonious balls of laceweight yarn and fat needles and cast on for a cowl in human scale. I am using the teal Gloss Lace, the hunter green Shadow, and the moss green Alpaca Cloud, all from KnitPicks. I bought three skeins of Alpaca Cloud three or four years ago, but it is rather disappointing and wiry to knit with. I was hoping that by combining it with other yarns which I love, that wiriness would be tamed. Thus far, it would seem to have been inspiration. I do think that I will frog back and knit it up on size 8’s, rather than the 4’s which I am currently using. I want something that is loopy and drapes well, rather than something which will stand up to a Blue Norther in a couple of months.

The desired loopiness may perhaps be a homeopathic quality. I am feeling distinctly loopy myself this morning.

I was in bed by 5:30 last night, up again at 10:30, back to bed at 2:30, awake at 6:30. I do not have a sinus headache, for which I am immensely thankful, but my head feels as solid and dull as one of those tees for T-ball.

I did get a lot of remarkably therapeutic shredding done when I was up at dark-thirty this morning. Primarily old EOB’s from when the girls were still under my roof. There is no point in keeping them any longer, as Fourthborn and LittleBit are legal adults, the statute of limitations has passed to have the Attorney General pursue their father for back child support and co-payments, and he is a pauper and in a nursing home. (Their father; I have no clue about the financial status of the AG. I told you I was loopy!)

I think I will gather up another sheaf of vintage paperwork and turn it into confetti. That should keep me safely and productively occupied until the herbalist’s shop is open and I can pick up some ba nguyen. I am also going to pick up some chicken stock, lemonade, and apple juice for nuking. The couch is about halfway cleared off (yay!), and when I have finished that I think I shall plug in the TV and see if I can figure out how to run the VCR which is part of it. This seems like a good day to stretch out on the couch and watch movies and drink hot, reasonably healthy beverages. Maybe pick up more orange chicken on the way home from the herbalist’s?

No comments: