About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I had fun yesterday.

Made a chicken pot pie for the elders. Made leek and potato soup for me, with a chicken breast thrown in and the rest of the frozen mixed vegetables and a generous snipping of chives. Can't wait for leftovers.

Restrung Sarah's bracelet that her youngest jerked on and broke. Finished a lengthy reading (six chapters) for Preach My Gospel and contemplated how they were interconnected.

Signed up at the gym. It's twice as expensive as the one in Fort Worth, but I can wear what I please in the pool, and they provide towels. The lockers work with my membership card, so I don't need to find my gym bag with the lock I used in Arlington or Fort Worth. I still want to hunt up my swimsuit. Maybe. I have an appointment tomorrow night with a trainer who has expertise on how to work around diabetes.

I had a blast at the dance. Jody's decorations were amazing. DJ was a joy as always. I got to visit with several friends. I danced two line dances, one slow dance with a dear old friend*, and another one or two in a herd of ladies.

*I asked him to save me a slow one. When I heard one I liked, I walked over and said, "Come dance with the Widow Ravelled." He snorted and complied.

Does this mean I will go to the next dance in my stake? Not only no... and I am skipping tonight's fireside in Arlington, even though he's one of my favorite speakers. I don't have another round trip in me just yet. I will go to Mel and Squishy's to watch the final episode of Downton Abbey.

That's all the news that's fit to print.

No comments: