About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lorelai is quiet and happy again.

My checkbook is not, but as I posted on FB last night, I didn't have to go into debt or pull money from my 401K to make it so. My savings accounts will recover.

I mailed off my amended return for 2012 last night. I had a nice but too-brief visit with Squishy while we were getting Lorelai home. And my first-ever talk with Tola when I was home and the dust had settled.

I did spend some time before work yesterday emptying that box and rearranging shelves in two bookcases. I think I might like the forsythia where I put them. I think I might like them even better if I hauled one of my ladderback chairs out of the garage and inserted it between the vase and the floor.

Done. Picture to follow on FB.

I kept the "queen chair" when I gave two chairs to Fourthborn after marrying Beloved. It was just a little different from the others that I painted and re-rushed when we moved to Arlington in 1993. And woe be unto the child who sat in the queen chair!

OK: I have puttered. I have blogged. Time to get ready for the job that funds my life.

No comments: