About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Good news, bad news, *great* news!

Good news would be the photo showing cleared space in the breakfast nook area. Bad news would be the photo showing what my living room looks like at the moment.

*Great* news is that I finally got to meet Br. Sushi's fiancée. It was a three year process to get her here from Saigon. They are getting married in two weeks. Which completely rearranges my plans for that Saturday, unless I can lay hands on Hermione's time turner.

I have been rather a social butterfly this weekend. I am just about peopled out. I was home only one night last week: Monday was Empty Nesters. Tuesday was yoga. Wednesday I was home. Thursday was the Pepe Romero concert in Fort Worth, my Valentine's Day treat to myself. Friday was the widows and widowers dinner. Last night was the singles dinner in my old stake.

All of which I both needed and enjoyed. But yeah, pretty much peopled out. I plan on spending three nights at home this week. If all goes according to plan, I'll start painting the kitchen after work tomorrow. Yoga on Tuesday. Home on Wednesday and Thursday. Acoustic music festival (the last of its kind, with some of my favorite local musicians) all day Friday and Saturday.

I used to live in clutter and disarray, particularly when I was married to the  children's father. I am still far from perfect in the home management department. But I have made great strides, to the point that huge messes (like the one currently occupying my living room) unsettle me.

So I am going to have to make visible progress every day, no matter how small, in order to remain peaceful and sane. I've kinda gotten used to sanity. They know me there.

No comments: