About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pushy dead people. And a miracle.

So yesterday I was the Queen of Puffs. I must have gone through half a box, between work and home.

Tonight was our ward temple night, and I was torn at least three ways. Wanted to go to the temple. Wanted to go to yoga. Wanted to stay home and paint. Absent Hermione's time turner, something would have to give.

I remembered hearing at yoga last week that doing yoga with a sinus infection was not a good thing. I was a long way from a sinus infection. Just obnoxiously loud sneezes in rapid succession. The human equivalent of a Gatling gun.

I decided to prepare for the temple as if I  were perfectly well, with the understanding that if I continued to sneeze, even if I thought it was only allergies, I would take myself home.  Bag packed, name cards organized, spare shoes in Lorelai, and one of my favorite skirts.

You know what? It worked. Not a single sneeze today. So I went to the temple, did the work for my Gram's sister in law, and had the next batch of cards printed up.

I need to do about 15 things before bedtime, but as it's after 11:00, I'm just going to clear a space and call it a night. It's been a great day. I've helped to "hasten the work," and I am *done*.

No comments: