About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 23, 2015

I don't remember what the second amazing thing was.

Unless it's how little I sleep.

I went back to work today. 102 emails greeted me. I chewed my way through them and worked my calendar and SemperFi's and ... I need a nickname for my new attorney.

Lorelai had a wee tantrum on the way from taking Fourthborn home last night. I was a couple of miles north of 30 on the PGBT when she made a flappy noise and the trouble light came on. I called Squishy and let him know I might need him to come follow me the rest of the way home. She was still going strong when I got to my exit. So I asked him to meet me at the mechanic's, which was closed for the night.

I dropped the key off on the way to work. Got a call late this afternoon. Exhaust manifold, which was covered by the warranty on the catalytic converter that we replaced three years ago. I should be able to pick her up after work tomorrow.

So I made a beeline for the library after work, and I made some good, solid progress on my family history. Merged more duplicates. Added some records. Found addresses and names for granddaughters of one of my first cousins after following leads in his obituary.

No comments: