About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Friday was better-than-OK.

I came home and picked up Elder Bednar's Increase in Learning, my scriptures in book form (mostly I just read them on my phone, or listen while driving to work), and bounced back out in to the living room to grab a volume of talks from a BYU Women's Conference many years ago.

This weekend I've preshrunk the fabric for the medallion quilt and got all the pieces cut out. I knitted on the stealth project until I reached the point where it is time to add another series of beads. I have no idea where my crochet hook case is. In my room, yes, but it could be buried under the clean laundry on the fallow side of the bed, or it could be in the piles that are slip-sliding away at the entrance to my closet. At any rate, knit did not happen today.

I roasted a pan of vegetables on Friday night and have enjoyed some of them yesterday and today. I did some experimental cooking today. A variation on almond-stuffed dates wrapped in bacon, wherein I added some Greek yogurt cream cheese and used turkey bacon and did not have enough toothpicks to break in half to hold the wrapped bacon shut. So visually I had a large pan of Pinterest fail, but they taste sublime. I'm already thinking of variations on variations for next time. These will be an intelligent and tasty treat for the next week or so.

I've preshrunk the fabric for this month's quilt block and may get that cut and sewn tomorrow after my quarterly diabetes checkup.

Thursday and Friday were exhausting. I am not necessarily looking forward to Tuesday through Friday, but I hope to make sufficient progress each day that by the time Friday rolls around I will have my desk more or less under control again.

I did not have to do trial notebooks on Friday, and my other attorney's case settled, so I won't have to finish those, either.

My stomach thinks my throat's been cut. I've been eating healthy, delicious things all day, and as of the top of the hour I'm not supposed to eat anything else until after my bloodwork tomorrow. But I think I will grab one last bacon-wrapped date and savor it before brushing my teeth and calling it a night.

Have begun a biography of Fred Astaire and his sister Adele. Thus far it is interesting and enjoyable.

Night, y'all.

No comments: