About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Progress?

Eye is definitely feeling better. That's a plus.

Filed three answers today that were due in court next Monday. That's another plus. Scheduled a couple of telephone conferences for my attorneys. Wrangled *one* day's mail for SemperFi and that was it for the mail.

I think I probably got more done than it seems to me on reflection.

When I came home, I worked on the sacrament meeting music and got that emailed to our committee. We are going to have another special musical number on Sunday, one of my favorite hymns, sung by a mixed quartet. Looking forward to that. Note to self: put fresh Puffs in the church bag.

It is hotter than the hinges of Hades outside, and the forecast is for even more of the same through the weekend. Possibly 107F on Monday. That's actual degrees, y'all, not heat index. Heat index would be "medium well". Every ceiling fan in the house is running, on medium, because when some of them are on high, they shimmy. Or yodel.

I am now going to assemble what I plan to wear tomorrow, slip into something significantly cooler, and knit until it's time to crash. Have messaged Fourthborn not to expect me to pick her up this weekend. I will miss her. But I will be staying inside as much as possible. Possibly not leaving the house except to jog in the pool after dark and go to church on Sunday.


No comments: