About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

I want to knit. I need to write.

And if I sit back down at the keyboard, I'll fall down the rabbit hole again. Several days ago I got notification that there was a record. I clicked on the link. Different name. Tried again. Same result. The second name would be easy to find again. So I went looking for my dear departed hacker. Who turns out to be my first cousin twice removed.

I've spent several days connecting records on ancestry.com and linking people to Family Search. Tonight I reserved three of those names and released others so they could be done by temple patrons.

When I clicked on Harriet's name, I started sobbing. Same for her sister Lyddie. So I thought, I'll get Elizabeth, who died before she was ten. Nada. It was like walking into a wall. So I'll give it more time, see if I can find out more about her, and try again.

I also sent emails to two families who have reserved their father Jacob's work, which is mostly done. I hope to hear back from them soon.

I am going to finish the heel flap on this baby sock, and then I am going to bed. Maybe now these good people will let me sleep?

I'm going to the temple tomorrow night to do three sealings.

The master bath is nearly done. And even in its unfinished state, it's gorgeous.

No comments: