About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Busy week.

I am finally caught up at work, from being gone on vacation. My emails are down to a manageable level. My To-do list is more or less current. My pending folder does not make me cringe. This bodes well for the day ahead.

I finished knitting the stealth project last night and have no idea where my modular blocking pads might be. Not in the IKEA cabinet in my studio. Not in the small filing cabinet out in the garage. Not anywhere visible in the studio. Not here in my room. Which leaves the storage buckets in the studio, or random boxes in the middle bedroom or (shudder) out in the garage.

I have most of the bits gathered to take another stab at a doll sweater for Avery, who is one of Middlest's dolls. I found the schematic for the sleeves last night, but have mislaid the schematic for the body.

I think this will be a weekend for general tidying. I'm feeling a little meh this morning. Due, in part, to the finish-itis which ate my Wednesday and Thursday, getting in the way of any meaningful exercise. I'll be back at the pool tonight.

BittyBubba's baptism, rescheduled from last month until tomorrow because of my vacation, has been moved to the 22nd.

The quilt shop will be showing samples of next year's quilt series tomorrow, but I think I'll just wait until we pick up our last blocks the first Saturday in September. I think tomorrow will be spent cooking and cleaning, with frequent breaks for reading. I'm still enjoying the biography of Fred and Adele Astaire.

No comments: