About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

No, I didn't just fall in somewhere

It's been hairier than usual in SingleMomLand, witness last week:
Monday: four weeks' worth of laundry and a pint of ice cream apiece
Tuesday: Knit Night
Wednesday: workshop at church
Thursday: shopping with LittleBit for fabric for her drama class Renaissance costume
Friday: dinner with my JustFriend and bagpipe concert at smoky dive
Saturday: the last of the fabric for LittleBit's costume, the rental of three videos and the borrowing of another from Fourthborn, and an afternoon spent swooning over a double feature of Jack Sparrow's adventures, accompanied by one box each of the soft chocolate caramels made by the Junior Mints people, and a small bag of popcorn each, and half a box of Girl Scout Cookies in true Gilmore fashion.

I finished the World's Most Boring Sock before going to bed, all but the tying-off of the toes, and she tried it on after church today. Fits like it was made for her. Oh yeah. It was! I would take a picture, but the camera is in FW at Secondborn's, which is 18 miles away; church was cancelled this morning because of the weather. They informed us of this fact partway into the morning announcements. We finished up announcements, everybody said "amen!" and gathered up the handouts and came home.

So what have I done with my unexpected day of leisure? Cooked up a package of ramen noodles as "dessert" for the English muffin I ate in the car while driving to church, checked my email, and taken a five hour nap. You heard me right. Back to bed about 11:00 am, and vertical but questionably coherent at 4:00 pm.

Peering into my crystal ball, I foresee not much sleep during the hours that I am normally horizontal and attempting to be unconscious. Perhaps I will make good progress on the second sock.

But first it's time to refuel. Good thing I made that 11:00 pm dash to the grocery store last night for more milk and cookies...

No comments: