About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 14, 2011

No internet at home.

I’ve reported it to Uncaring Monopoly. The last time this happened, it was because a tree branch was arguing with the line. And we’ve had a lot of wind lately.

Great weekend. A drive-by smooching of the new guy after work on Friday night. Harry Potter 7.2 with Secondborn and her friends. Some window-shopping on Friday and during the day on Saturday.

Yesterday he came to church with me, to watch my little ones in the annual Primary sacrament meeting. We left shortly thereafter (I handed the kids off to my team teacher) and drove east to his ward, where I attended the presentation in his ward, followed by the entire block of meetings.

His bishop’s wife is their Gospel Doctrine teacher. She asked him to stand and introduce his guest.

“This is my friend, Ms. Ravelled. In January, she will be moving into this ward. And changing her last name.”

I have been sitting on this news since Thursday before last, although my kids and my sister were told immediately (in a veryfasthighpitchedvoice). Some of you have guessed. He ordered my ring today.

When the ring is on my hand, we will update our status on Facebook to “engaged” and fill in the blanks in terms of names. No use of the e-word on FB until then, if you please.

Wedding most likely in early January, timing contingent on when he has his surgery to remove the colostomy bag. Venue to be determined by how quickly the First Presidency moves on my request for a sealing cancellation. The children’s father very graciously requested, in his statement, that they expedite matters due to the new guy’s health issues.

Because of the short time frame, we will dispense with engraved invitations and go the e-route, with a few paper copies for sundry meetinghouses. If you’re local (or not) and want an e-vite, please email me here or on FB.

And I suppose it is also time to unveil his new moniker here on the blog, but it’s what I’ve called him inside my head and inside my heart for a very long time:

Beloved.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I thought it must be coming, as there has been no mention of other petri dishes for quite a while now. Congratulations for you and your Beloved!

Bonnie said...

Aww mom, you almost made me cry. And you know that's hard to do. I'm super excited for you, he's definitely a good guy, your own "cowboy" (hey, he is a huge John Wayne fan). You've waited your whole life for a righteous priesthood holder who will treat you as you deserve. Best wishes for a long and happy future.

Leslye said...

I'm excited for both of you! and please include us in your e-vite! Congratulations!

Jenni said...

I do get an invite, right? lol
I'm so happy for you and wish you both all the happiness you can capture. Treat each other with kindness and may your time together be full of joy and health.

Lynn said...

Posted by Robi, but fat-fingered by me when trying to approve via my phone: "Happy happy joy joy dance all day long! Let out a big whoop this AM when I read your blog. Folks had to come out of their office to find out what was going on. How could I explain it to them without doing cartwheels down the hall?!? We we we both want to share in your joy! Love you. Can't wait to love him, too! Robi"