About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Fun and games. No, really.

Last Friday we had a quarterly team building activity that was side-splitting fun. Beforehand, we had to answer eight questions and tell the organizers our favorite song and the name of the artist. When we assembled in the large conference room, we found ourselves playing the Office Spouse Newlywed Game. One person sat with his back to the screen. Three others faced the screen, and as the first person asked a question, had to reply convincingly as if it were his or her own answer. The questioner had to figure out which of the three was the source of the answers.

A surprising number of my coworkers, when asked "What did you want to be when you were small?" replied, "Big." One of the women responded, "Big. And now I want to be little again." SemperFi's answers had us doubled over. I thought the managing attorney was going to bust a gusset, as my mom would say.

So here are the questions, followed by my answers, followed by my song.
  1. What is your biggest fear? Heights.
  2. What makes you laugh the most? My kids and grandkids.
  3. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Create (knit, draw, write, etc.)
  4. What did you want to be when you were small? A mommy.
  5. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Grilled salmon, glazed carrots, red beans & rice, Caesar salad.
  6. If you had a warning label, what would yours say? I have sharp, poky sticks and I know how to use them.
  7. What was your first job? Sorting lima beans on a conveyor belt at Birds-Eye during the summer.
  8. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? Mama bear.
And my song? This.



It's been a really good, productive day, but I'll share that another time. Night, y'all.

No comments: