About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 09, 2023

2023 Reading Challenge

I'm in a couple of virtual book clubs. One is Austen-related. The other is a local(ish) group managed by a shirt-tail relative of one of my friends. Here is this year's challenge:

1. Nonfiction book you know nothing about.
2. Book on New York Times bestseller list.
3. Book with a day of the week or month title.
4. Book with a person's name in the title.
5. Another read from an author you discovered.
6. Book that includes a map.
7. Book set in the 1990's.
8. Recommendation from a family member or BFF.
9. Book with Fate, Dream, Wish, Silver, or Dance in title.
10. Book set during summer.
11. Book with a number in the title.
12. Cozy mystery.

In other news, I'm keeping up with my January challenge for Zentangle and also with my Tangle A Day calendar. Knitting has been minimal but not non-existent this month. Thanks to all of the mountain cedar pollen, I'm using my inhaler every four hours and going through a little over one box of Puffs with lotion per week. I'm still dealing with intermittent food aversion, wherein I fix something that I know I like, take a few bites of it, and am suddenly done. I'm generally able to go back and polish off the leftovers within a day or two, but it's still more than a little unnerving.

That's all I've got for you today.

No comments: