About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Toe-ing the line

Gotta love a doctor with sufficient sense of humor to draw smiley faces on the toes of all his patients who have this procedure done. He says he’s been doing this for 20 years.



The toes and I took a nice nap in the afternoon, when we were sufficiently lulled by lunch and the dulcet voice of the narrator. Later, we finished listening to Sense and Sensibility. As of dinnertime, we were still pain-free.

I had a *terrific* pre-operative blessing from my good home teacher on Sunday night, all the things I would have blessed myself with had I had the power and authority to do so, and without my giving him the slightest indication of what I wanted or hoped for :)

Sometimes I am flabbergasted by the generosity and grace of God. This has been merely a small and particularly persistent thorn in the flesh. It's not a kidney transplant or another parting of the Red Sea. It’s not a sudden transformation of my fallen, mortal nature into something sublimely Christlike. But that does not make it any less miraculous, or any less precious, to me.

God: His love, His mercy, His grace, really is in the details.

And as for knitting content? I got several rows done on the sock while Doctor Gorgeous was fixing my feet. [Have I mentioned that the man is jaw-droppingly handsome? I do not remember *ever* having been this close to a man so good looking, much less having one minutely examining my poor abused feet. The irony ~ and the waste ~ has not been lost on me.] And I am 13 rows shy of completing Clue 2. It was a good day for knitting. I listened to most of The Screwtape Letters before crashing for the night.

I’m off to sort through and repack another box before breakfast and the morning drive.

4 comments:

Tola said...

cute toes! Ozzy Osbourne has smiley faces on his knees. so whats up with those toes again?

Tan said...

Glad it's over with. How long to you have to stay off the toes?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments! i came over to visit, and had a blast. congrats on the new grandbaby! i really love when i find LDS knitters and will have to remember to thank Tola for the connection, and put you guys on my actual page, not just in my bloglines (i've gotten lazy).

sdh said...

I remember very well an apartment with noisy neighbors overhead. At least nothing illegal was going on, but there were many mornings when, at 5 AM, I decided that since *I* was awake I should practice - LOUDLY - on my piano (so much more volume than my flute).....