About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, January 11, 2008

WIP, Actually Progressing!

Just so you know that I’m not imagining upward progress on the calf increases, here’s a cheesecake shot of the Stripedy Sock.



And a profile of the heel, which is Wendy’s Toe-Up Heel Gusset. And fits wonderfully.



And the calf increases, which I am doing every third round.



I tried it on again this morning, and it fits like it was made for me. [Which is the whole point of knitting socks for oneself, right?]

Last night’s workout went very well. I couldn’t believe how much more flexible my wrists were as I drove home. And I feel great this morning, not stiff at all.

So I’m heading over to the Y for a tryst with the recumbent bicycle. It’s a jeans day at work, my lunch is packed, I knitted while the tub filled, and life is good.

Tomorrow I get the oil changed on Lorelai and then head over to my friend’s rental property to check out the living space. Remind me to take my tape measure and a pad of graph paper so I can sketch the rooms if I like it as much as I think I will. I spent a little time yesterday at the virtual paint store, thinking about color combinations, but that’s not particularly useful when I don’t know how the rooms are shaped or how much light there is.

LittleBit is wiped out. Rehearsals every night this week, plus work on Wednesday, and she has an eight-hour rehearsal tomorrow. It’s a good thing that HerBoy is back at camp for more training. And it’s a good thing that the play is only a month away.

I, on the other hand, am feeling like a 45-year-old again.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

It's nice to get passed the I hurt from working out stage. It would be hard to get motivated into moving again so soon. Sounds like a step in the right direction though.

Jerry said...

oh sorry what is the yarn for your stripedy sock? Hey, I remeber what 45 was like... That was a very good year.

Tola said...

i love Ditto. i havent found it out here in PA yet though.