About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Happiness

So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Of Regrets and Resolutions

I'll tell you what real happiness is: doing something for someone that they can't do for themselves. Beloved's mother left his father when my sweetheart was a baby. It was the wise thing to do. Later she remarried and had his four siblings. That marriage ended through no fault of her own. So when she passed, and Beloved passed, they were not sealed to one another.

I fixed that tonight. It was heart-stoppingly wonderful. When Beloved's stepfather, whom he adored, and who passed a couple of weeks ago, has been gone a year, I'll see what I can do to seal her to him as well. (A living woman can only be sealed to one man, which is why I needed the sealing cancellation from the children's father. A woman who dies may be sealed to any or all men to whom she was legally wed, even if the marriage(s) subsequently ended in divorce. At some point, as I understand it, she will get to decide which one she wants to keep, or possibly choose someone else.) At any rate the paperwork is done for one marriage, and it was a lovely, tender experience.

And now I'm going to say goodnight and see if anybody wants to come talk to me in my dreams.

No comments: