About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Stuff I found today.

My Eva Cassidy CD. Again. The missing dragon's claw. The certificate from when I was sealed to Beloved. The bags for the first two months of the second quilt I am making this year. (Which I promptly mislaid. Found them the second time on the stool by the front door, where I've been keeping my bag of small gardening tools. Those Ziploc bags are now with the other two.) Flowers to go into the stump in the front yard. More flowers, to go in the black planter that I bought when I lived in Fort Worth. Clothing I haven't worn in months. Four embroidered napkins seriously in need of ironing. The time to pre-wash the fabric for the current quilt block. Many opportunities to laugh at myself. Inspiration, when I spied the garden seat just outside the window whose sill I was painting. (It's now out in the front yard with Sir Stumpy and the planter.)

It's been a great day. I think I will sleep well tonight.

No comments: