About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 19, 2016

All because two people fell in love

This is one of my favorite Brad Paisley songs. I grin and maybe cry a little every time it comes up in rotation on my Pandora.



And this is one of my favorite memories: fishing with Beloved, about six weeks before he proposed.


That would be a seven inch striped bass. Not big enough to keep. But bigger than the one he had to throw back! I am sneaking up on the fifth anniversary of the night that he proposed. This picture popped up on my FB feed today.

I lifted this picture of us from Secondborn's FB page. He was visibly melting away, but still so full of life. She took this the day that his eldest and beloved were sealed in the Dallas Temple.


I am just in a sentimental mood tonight. Happy. Peaceful. Reminiscent. And so blessed.

It's time to throw the clean, wet stuff into the dryer, take my meds, and call it a night. Part of me wants to finish the calf decreases on the current doll sock. And part of me says we've done quite enough today, thank you, and please don't be pigheaded.

No comments: