About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Personal, family, and auto maintenance

Diana got a free oil change today (it was part of the purchase/refi package). Middlest, Fourthborn and I got our teeth cleaned, which we followed with the traditional trashing of the teeth at Cheesecake Factory.

Ibought a copy of The Martian Chronicles for Middlest and a copy of Geek Knits by Joan of Dark. It promises to be amusing.

The second baby sock is ready for its heel flap. I added a couple of rows to Leftie. Since coming home, I've cleared great swathes of emails from my inbox. I've updated my Amazon Prime membership. Since I wriggled out of my compression stockings almost the moment I walked in the house, I have felt my ankles blossoming while I sit here at the computer.

So I'm going to do my impression of a sensible human being, grab a healthy snack and my meds, and go read as much Book of Mormon as I can before Body tells Brain, "Shut up and leave me alone." As you may suspect, I did not sleep well last night, and it's been a long day. I need to take some time (not tonight, but soon) to work out my budget over the remainder of the year. There are three dental appointments to pay for, and three fillings coming up for Middlest, and the balance of last week's expense for Middlest's meds, and my new glasses and and and

It will all work out nicely. That doesn't mean it won't require planning, ingenuity, and prayer.

No comments: