About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, September 02, 2022

*We* have Covid. And also progress towards retirement.

In spite of our best efforts, the bipolar bears also have Covid. We are all recovering and are grateful to have "light" cases. We also sound like the cannons from "1812 Overture" or the Anvil Chorus or maybe just a herd of bull seals barking.

Yesterday I had a quick phone conversation with my office manager, who initiated paperwork on her end for my retirement. And then I spent the better part of an hour in a conference call with a wonderful woman from Corporate who helped me fill out the paperwork which *I* had to initiate. Notwithstanding all of that time on the phone, I managed to remain alert and productive.

I wish I could say that today was equally productive, but I logged off at 12:30 and slept about four hours before logging back on. Thankfully, my OM determined yesterday that I have more than enough PTO to cover today's absence and any needful PTO next week. I am hoping to have the necessary vitality to go into the office each day, because I have a whale of a lot of stuff to pack up and bring home. Also, my trainer last year, who is my emergency backup and will train the new admin when she comes in, is home with Covid.

Right now I'm eating leftover lasagna and swilling orange juice. Our grocery order arrived 45 minutes ago, heavy on liquids in preparation for the long weekend and for the bipolar bears' Prednisone and antibiotics which will be delivered tomorrow. Four cases of water. Two large bottles of Simply Lemonade. Two additional half-gallons of 2%.

I'm sitting here rather like a bump on a log. I've coughed so hard today that I've pulled a muscle in my abdomen. Quelle joie!

I think I'm going to let the lasagna settle and then go back to bed.

No comments: