About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, August 29, 2022

I have Covid. Again.

Squishy took me to the ER on Friday night, and a Lyft driver brought me home around 4:00am on Saturday. I am now taking a quadruple dose of Prednisone (they need to figure out a way to make that taste better) for a total of five days, two of which have mercifully passed, and more Cefdinir for the bronchitis which has also returned. They can't determine from my medical records which variant of Covid I've had each time, but logic suggests that it was Omicron which zapped me earlier this month and which has circled back to try to get me again. Perhaps Omicron is the collection agency of coronaviruses?

At any rate, the meds are making me stronger, and wired, and tired. I went to bed after taking my inhaler and, I think, my regular evening meds at 10:00pm. I need to check that before I go back to sleep. I know that I took my Friday meds on Saturday night because I was in the ER when I should have taken them, and they were only letting me have a small amount of soft ice to convince Body that we were not dying of thirst. It would not be a good thing to skip my meds twice in one week, and two days apart. No anxiety meds + the possibility of roid rage is not something which I want to inflict upon my beloved bipolar bears.

I woke up at 1:30-ish, and my next meds are due in a little over an hour, at 6:00am. My feet are swollen because I've been sitting so long without a pair of compression stockings on. But I have loaded and run the dishwasher. (I'm not allowed to touch the clean stuff, except to grab what I need from the periphery, while I have cooties.) And I've washed two loads of laundry, although the second will go into the dryer when I'm up for meds and supplements because I don't currently have the spoons to pull and fold the first load that's in the dryer.

I am basically living on FB at present. Lots of love coming in from many of my friends, and I'm feeling it. I'm also sharing articles that I'm reading elsewhere online, with lengthy preambles. Because Prednisone. And I'm grazing pretty much all day when I'm awake, but it's mostly healthy leftovers from the past few days. I'll send off an Instacart order that's been edited and added to multiple times overnight, when the store's been open a few hours. A recent order was something of a debacle because I hit "send" before the shelves were fully stocked, and there was at least one disastrous substitution because the options were limited. Every item on today's list has explicit directions for acceptable substitutions or what to delete if the original request is unavailable. I can be taught, even when I'm on Prednisone.

Later, gators. ^cough cough^ also Oh Look Shiny.

No comments: