About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Progress on the Lace Crop Cardi

Between the mailing-off of the first Socks of Doom to Sockinator in the Pacific NW after work on Monday, and the arrival of her target's sock-in-progress at 11:00 on Friday, I knitted down to the armhole joining and onward, ever onward to the first four of 18 pointy bindings-off of the Elann Crop Cardi. I like them.



I am making great progress on LadyLungDoc's socks. I expect to mail them off after work tomorrow and to resume work on the cardi as soon as dinner is out of the way. I have no idea how long it will take me to laboriously tack in place all the flailing ends of ribbon that are trying to escape their weavings-in, or to do the pearl [and hematite?] embellishments. I hope to be wearing this sweater in a week to ten days.

1 comment:

LadyLungDoc said...

Wow - I wish I had half of your energy!
No worries about the pink and gray - I am an equal opportunity sock wearer. I actually have both colours in my wardrobe, I just wouldn't knit myself anything that is solid pink or gray.