About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sock Wars (Finito)

My color-blocked Socks of Doomy Doomy Death arrived in the mail at work today. Pictures to be inserted later, quite possibly this weekend. In the meantime, here's a link to Crumpet's blog, with photos of how they look on *her* feet: http://www.crumpart.net/blog/?p=313

They were properly oohed and aaahed over by a bunch of the muggles at work. I'm planning to wear them tomorrow, even if it means that I have to shave my legs and wear a skirt.

She picked my absolutely most favorite shade of yellow, ditto the red, and the orange is poised nicely between the two. I've emailed to ask what yarn they're made from, because I would like to add some to my ever-growing stash. All I know for now is that they are DK wool and heavenly on my feet.

And now if you will all excuse me, I'm going to put on my jammies and work on my tweed socks, secure in the knowledge that the only socks I'll be finishing for the next year or so will be *my own*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will you wear them tuesday, or at least bring them along? ill make it a point to come by after cubscouts if you are going to ;)