About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Her Noble Excellency Lynn the Ebullient of Old Tonbridge Wafers

Thank you, Tola! Here's the link if anyone wants his/her own Aristocratic Title. [I guess it's better than being Her Blithering Idiocy Lynn the Obnoxious of Moldy Graham Crackers.]

I hereby rename and admonish my Three Musketeers:

Emperor Sushi the Inexorable of Bartonhurst in the River
Bishop Lord Stilts the Irascible of Chipping Sodbury
Venerable Lord Karitas the Amicable of Yockenthwait Walden

And I must I confess to reassigning certain adjectives or coming up with new ones entirely as inspired by the spirit of truth-in-advertising.

I became drowsy while driving home last Thursday, due to the excitement of BittyBubba's arrival and rather more celebratory chocolate throughout the day than was strictly necessary. And since I had about 20 miles farther to drive than usual, I thought it wise to ring up Brother Stilts to see what was new in his world. Much, it turns out; he has been having Adventures as only he can. The recounting of which, here, would get my head neatly handed to me the next time I meet up with him, so I will forbear. He summed it all up by saying that it was obvious that God must have thought he needed a little practice in the Patience Department.

He now has a supply far larger than he ever desired to acquire. And I find this hilarious, because he is 3/4 German and 1/4 Irish, and patient is not the word I would ever have chosen to describe him. Hrmmm, maybe I should scroll up and rename him Bishop Lord Stilts the Reluctantly Patient of the Ancient Chinese Curse?

Speaking of patience, I may be acquiring rather more of my own in the next few months. I have a new and experimental calling [responsibility] in the women's group of our church, and in the blessing given when I was set apart for the calling, I was counseled to be patient with the process.

Oh *fine*. This is obviously the natural and Heavenly consequence of snickering at Brother Stilts' recent adventures. I suspect that there is snickering going on, far above my own head, if only I had ears to hear.

As to knitting content, I am nearly done with the second Lily of the Valley border on my Swallowtail Shawl and hope to complete that portion this morning. Thence onward to mad increases and binding off. Lots of knitting yesterday, in spite of the cookie baking and the baby burping and three loads of laundry [two for the Bitties, one for me], and a brief nap on their couch while BittyBubba was getting his PKU at the midwife's, and a slightly longer nap on my own couch after dinner at home.

Six rows left, if you count the binding off. It might be a good idea for me to take the current incarnation of the Sabbath Sock along this morning, just in case. And there's Knit Night tonight!

3 comments:

Tola said...

what new calling???

Anonymous said...

What a precious li'l boy! Gram looks totally comfortable, and he looks quite at ease as well.

The parents look happy and well-rested (must be good makeup-ha).

Li'l sis is adorable, as usual.

Kerry said...

Congrats on the new baby! Sounds like the new calling is going to be really interesting. Keep us updated on it, I love to hear the tales of wards from around the world.