About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

First Day of the Month Meme

I found this on The Keyboard Biologist’s blog. “…this meme that involves posting the first sentence the first post on their blog from each month.” [quoting her]

January
“It's the first day in a shiny new year.”
A day on which I began to fall out of love with Brother Abacus. A month in which I learned that I’d been walking around on a broken leg for two months. January was mostly about dealing with pain of one sort or another.

February
“With apologies to Jimmy Webb.”
A day on which I learned how I am [and am not] like unto a phoenix.

March
“[How many lawyers does it take] to replace one intermittently humble receptionist?”
A day on which I teach the overeducated how not to drop a call at switchboard, so I can take an all-day class with the rest of the support staff.

April
“Thursday was one of those comic-opera days, the kind where you know that major blessings must be right around the corner because of the minor annoyances that drop one by one like a broken strand of pearls.”
A day on which I tripped on the curb while entering the YMCA to rehab my broken leg.

May
“Late last summer I decided that I wanted a simple sofa table to slip behind the couch.”
A day on which I recounted the nine-month saga of creating said table.

June
“One of the most amazing and delightful surprises about knitting, this time around, is the greater sense of community and support than when I was knitting 20 years ago.”
A day on which I rambled about how solitary an activity knitting used to be for me, compared to what it’s like now.

July
“Here's where we were at 7:33am.”
A progress report on the pale yellow silk and cashmere scarf.

August
“On Monday I came home from eight hours of Bitty-wrangling, happily weary and starving to death.”
The week of “vacation” that I spent helping out at Secondborn’s after BittyBubba’s arrival.

September
“[Perry Mason, Perry Como, and Perry Menopause] -- If you recognize the first two, you may be dallying with the third or have already kicked him to the curb.”
A listing of various indignities relating to the middle-aged body. And the move that ate September.

October
“[In a Cracker Jack Box] And the musical question is, “Where did you get your driver’s license?”
Much grumbling, much blocking of FO’s.

November
“So there I was, carefully matching and pinning the last seam on LittleBit’s hoodie, after having completed all but the Kitchenering of the garter-stitch border on the front edge.”
In which LittleBit’s hoodie approaches and finally reaches completion.

December
“I am feeling extraordinarily tender-hearted today.”
The holidays are upon us.

We took the finished pink fingerless gloves to LittleBit’s friend. I forgot to photograph them before we did. [sigh...] But she loved them.

No comments: