About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Double date tonight.

About 4:30, Firstborn left a voicemail on my phone at work. I was taking my mail downstairs, having just missed the person who takes it all down at the end of the day.  And when I got back to my desk, my child had texted me as well. Were Beloved and I available for dinner tonight? We were!

They drove over here, and we had pizza, and I think that whatever issues I have with Little Caesar, I also have with this bunch. I think when we ate here in July, and two of the Beloved-sibs were here to help sort through the Mom-stuff, that I had an ankle flareup at that time. Have slept since then and am not inclined to riffle back through blog archives for a yea or a nay. I have slathered both ankles with eczema goop and am hoping that when I awake, I will be as close to normal as I am likely to get.

Beloved is off his new chemo drug until further notice. His bilirubin count is rising, and there is talk of putting a stint in his liver. When I know more, I will let you know.

He also fired off a letter to our stake president about how long it is taking to hear back on my sealing cancellation. The stake president got some information from him and said he would find out what has gone amiss, as it does not (ordinarily) take a year to hear back from Salt Lake. Our stake president is a go-getter, as is the stake president in my former stake.

Not much knitting got done today. I did sort through a box of Mom-stuff and separated the things we can use from the things that need new homes and the stuff that has been loved to death and is simply waiting for burial at sea (or at landfill; whatever).

Time for me to figure out where I set down that bottle of water, and get the contents on the inside where they can do some good.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the food and company.