About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ms. Ravelled gets her head examined...

OK, not the whole head, but the eyes, which are doing just fine, no perceptible change from last year and so no new glasses to pick out or pay for, huzzah!

Beloved found the family punchbowl, not in the closet where he thought it was (after I moved half a dozen boxes and found the shower curtain that disappeared when his sibs were here in July to help sort through the Mom-stuff, plus two missing angels that I wanted to hang in the guest bathroom) but in another. The box is now out in the living room, because a friend needs it on Saturday.

I made a quick run to the drugstore to pick up two more boxes of facial tissue. I have been sneezing up a storm for the past two or three days, thanks to the wind changing to out of the north.

I need to look at the budget spreadsheet (but will probably save it for tomorrow) to see how many birthday cards to buy for December. The eagle screams at dawn, and after the bills get paid there will be the merest modicum of shopping.

I am heading back out to the living room to finish the row on the sweater, and then out to the garage to check on the last of the laundry. Beloved is sleeping sweetly behind me. I caught a catnap after my eye appointment, so am not quite sufficiently wound down to think about going to bed.

Please do not worry about the hanging-of-angels. I was planning on using the loops that came with them, rather than nooses. No angels will be lynched in this house. Not while I have anything to say about it.

Night, all. (I might be closer to being ready for bed than I thought?)

No comments: