About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Looooong day(s).

Woke up at 6:00 yesterday and headed straight to the gym. Then home to sluice off and change. Drove to Fort Worth, parked at the college, took the shuttle to the convention center, and left there five hours later. Drove straight to Lucile's for lobster bisque and a side Caesar. Put some gas in Lorelai and drove to Arlington. Hung out at Barnes and Noble until time to pick up Fourthborn for the tribal feast. Ate and visited, visited and ate. Took Fourthborn home. Got home around 10:00 after picking up water and guacamole. Too tired to practice my music. Went to bed and slept for nine hours. Got up this morning and played Olive for 45 minutes. Read the scheduled RS lesson (entirely forgetting about the visiting teaching conference). Sang "The Water is Wide". A lot. Played too long on FB. Was just barely on time to church. This year's Mother's Day talks were not painful. And the young men handed out (big) Ghirardelli bars afterwards. Sarah hadn't seen me, so she snagged one for me. If I am ridiculously self-disciplined, I now have enough for the better part of three weeks. A week and a half or two weeks is more likely. HT/VT couple came over. I've put in some time with the banjo. And am now trying to stay awake until the time I normally take my Metformin and go to bed.

No comments: