About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Coordination.

The colors are skewed here. in real life, that skirt is russet verging on cranberry, as are the darker stripes in the shirt and the border on the scarf. The tights and lighter stripes are sort of an electric pumpkin. Items on the left are from Gudrun's catalogue. Scarf on the right courtesy of my sister, several years ago when she purged her closet.

This is me in my Knit Swirl. Corporate was wanting pictures of our favorite sweaters, but I procrastinated having a coworker snap a picture until after the link was gone. Oh well. Cheesy grin at no extra charge.


Last week at work was intense. Not brutal, but intense.It was with great relief that I wore Beloved's BYU shirt and jeans and sneakers to work on Friday. I got a whale of a lot accomplished each day, but I came home not wanting to write or think. Read a little. Knitted rather more. I finished my cowl and will be sending the leftover yarn to my sister on the way to Knit Night after work on Tuesday. I took the remaining yarn from when I knitted those infernally cabled mitts for Middlest last year and cast on a ribbed watch cap for said child. I'm using a recipe from my Daniel Yuhas "from the center out" book. Finished the increases before bedtime last night and have a little over two inches worked on the straightaway.

When this one is done, will cast on another from the super bulky charcoal grey acrylic I bought year before last to knit for the homeless. And then I will begin a new round of baby socks from the bag of yarn I brought home from church today. One of my friends is moving to Tennessee. I am the beneficiary of her sock yarn stash. There's some really good stuff in there, yarns I've always sort of wanted to try but never got around to. Now's my chance.

This is all I've got for you tonight. But I've missed y'all. Work is less stressful. My health appears to have stabilized. I've gotten two good naps in this weekend. And right now I just want to knit until I can no longer keep my eyes open. Later, gators.

No comments: