About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Cowlabunga

Neither my laptop nor my phone were cooperating last night. The colors are ridiculously muted here. Maybe I should use something other than my paisley sheets as a backdrop. Skew the blues to teals and brighten the beige to gold, and you'll have a better idea of how snazzy this turned out.

In other good news, I was told the amount of my raise for 2018, and I am pleased. It becomes effective on February 24 and will show up in my checking account in mid-March, along with a bonus that is considerably better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I've spent bits of the last several nights working on my spreadsheet and refining my budget. I set some financial goals on Monday night and began to plan out how to achieve them. I tweaked the spreadsheet a little night and no doubt will be doing more of that as the year progresses.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon for a recheck on last week's fall when my chair broke. I have felt immensely blessed all week, and I've been ferociously productive at work. Which means that tonight I am knackered but victorious, realizing that I could have done little without major help from above.

Theoretically I was going to sew on the RS project tonight, but instead I'm going to pour myself a glass of buttermilk and grab a handful of ginger cookies and make an early night of it.

No comments: