About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Another long week.

But a slightly better one. I worked overtime three nights of it, and I was pretty much caught up until the system went down yesterday afternoon. Thankfully, I had my knitting and made some progress there while waiting to see if the system came up before quitting time. (It didn't.)

I also had plenty of time to clean off my desk and dust my cubicle. We are having bigwigs in the office next week. No jeans until they're all safely gone. Everything shipshape. I'm assigned to the kitchen committee. Quelle joie! Which means that every so often I need to go in and make sure that the counters are spotless and that the break room looks as if nobody ever eats in there. I got to muck out the big fridge yesterday afternoon.

Today I did the Costco run and the Braum's run and washed six small-to-medium loads of laundry, sorted by color, urgency, and dryer heat. The last load is about to go into the dryer. Everything else is folded and put away, which is in itself a miracle on the order of the loaves and the fishes.

Strangely, I am not knackered.

There has been knitting. And reading. And I finished my tax return but cannot file it until we get an exemption certificate for Middlest so I don't get dinged for my kid having no insurance. No job = no income = no insurance =  frustration on both our parts, because last year I just filed with none of this nonsense and no repercussions.

It was a glorious day to be outside running errands. Temperate breeze while I tanked the Tardis. I love feeling my hair fly about (as long as I am not wearing lipstick, that is).

I tried on the cowl I'm knitting, and it fits exactly as I'd hoped. I'm not sure how much longer to make it. I'm inclined to knit until I run out of yarn, but if I knew that I had enough yarn for it, I'd stop now and knit coordinating mitts. As it is, I think I'll just keep going with the cowl and find a fatter yarn in the funky neutral and whip up another pair of Fetching.

The new Gudrun Sjödén catalogue arrived midweek, at the end of an exhausting day. I stayed up way too late drooling over it. Basically, I want one of everything, in one color or another, and a walk-in closet or maybe just a larger house. *snort*

The yarn is calling. Later, gators.


No comments: