About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 06, 2022

And sometimes we catch a break.

After I posted on Saturday, we had a bit of adventure Chez Ravelled. I was washing my hands when the stream of water from the hot tap dwindled down to nothing. It was the same for all three faucets. Plenty of cold water and not even a mist of hot water. I informed the bipolar bears and made plans to call Wonderful Plumber early this morning.

Since I was Not In The Mood for a cold shower, and I had no idea when the plumber could get to us this week, I opted to spare my good brothers and sisters this increasingly fragrant body and do Zoom church, combining it with a dash to the office to retrieve my laptop and headphones. Thus, it was the first time in months that I did not doze off midway through Zoom church, and my drive was rather more edifying than usual.

When I called Wonderful Plumber this morning, he informed me that the most likely cause was dead batteries in the flood prevention system, and four AA batteries should fix the problem. I ran a couple of quick errands before work, picking up milk and orange juice and buttermilk and ice cream at Braum's, then batteries and a big bag of caramel M&Ms at Walgreens, which is half a block from the dairy store.

I had to rely on Fourthborn's younger hands to open the sensor box and swap out the batteries. Then I fixed myself a slightly larger than sensible portion of German chocolate, since it's currently out of rotation at the drive-thru.

I had a reasonably productive day, working from home. My laptop is bagged up and ready to go tomorrow morning. I'm still a bit sticky and undoubtedly more fragrant than yesterday, but I've loaded and run the dishwasher, and that still comes under the heading of progress.

And I have German chocolate ice cream in my freezer.

No comments: