About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, July 14, 2022

I did not need my inhaler today.

And I slept nearly six hours last night. I've been reasonably clear-headed all day, which is always a welcome thing, although the drive to work was unnecessarily complicated. From my post on FB:

"One of the great things about being my age is that things which once would have frustrated, angered, or embarrassed me now just make me laugh.
 
  • Lunch? Check.
  • Meds? Check.
  • New Fluevog boots (designed in collaboration with Zandra Rhodes)? Check.
  • Carefully coordinated petticoats, shirt, earrings? Check.
  • Laptop? [crickets] I realized three miles from home that I'd forgotten something essential.
 
I made a (legal) U-turn, drove home, and started over. And, even with a stop at La Madeleine to pick up some comfort food, I was only 35 minutes late to work. Our office manager gave me the option of working late rather than burning my PTO.

The bipolar bears have their monthly doctor appointments tomorrow morning, and I'll WFH in the afternoon. I've asked, since I gave up three full days of PTO to attempt to catch up my desk from Bronchitisfest, if I may work a few hours of OT on Saturday. I'd like to start next week more or less timely with my To-Do's.

Middlest is 39 today, just like Jack Benny. How on earth can I be the mother of two 40-somethings and three 30-somethings?

This is the part where I change my sheets and try to stay awake until 11:00 for tomorrow's Atlantic crossword. Later, gators!

No comments: