About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, July 17, 2022

That's four days in a row!

That's one! ah-ah-ah!

Two! ah-ah-ah!

Three! ah-ah-ah!

Four! Four days without using my inhaler ah-ah-ah-ah-ah! [lightning flashes, thunder crashes, and The Count rolls his eyes in glee] 

I have, indeed, spent the bulk of this weekend asleep. I might have been awake all of five or six hours yesterday. I am feeling suspiciously and remarkably human at the moment. I've not needed a nap all day, although I did get a bit drowsy at the very end of Zoom church. In an hour, I'll take my meds and call it a day.

I'm hoping to be productive tomorrow and each day this coming week. It would have been nice to have been able to work on Friday afternoon, but Body said NOPE! in no uncertain terms, and I was in no position to argue.

I've not had the focus to read anything substantial, aside of my scriptures. I discovered a bug in the audio for my French BOM and dug around until I found out how to report it. That was my bit for building the kingdom of God today. By reading along while listening at 70% speed, I am catching subtleties of pronunciation that I'd been missing for the past 20 years.

I watched the 2015 adaptation of "And Then There Were None" and have come to the conclusion that I don't care for Agatha Christie's stories. Have I read the actual books? No, and I don't intend to. I don't like the "closed room" format. Over the past year or so I've watched adaptations of three of her stories and a modern movie styled along the same principles, all of them with actors I ordinarily enjoy, and my lingering reaction is meh.

No comments: