About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, November 06, 2022

A month and a bit in.

I'm adjusting. My first pension check arrived last week. I paid as many bills as I sensibly could and will pay the rest when my Social Security check arrives later this week. I'm signed up for Medicare Part B and have received my updated Medicare card. I'm also signed up for a Medicare Advantage plan and am waiting for that card to arrive. I need my card in order to set up a profile with my provider and properly compare Rx prices with those from a couple of GoodRx providers and Mark Cuban's online pharmacy. Every penny I can save there can be applied to the bipolar bears' dental bill payment plans.

If my budgeting is realistic and proceeds forward on schedule, Diana will be paid off by my next birthday and Fourthborn's dental plan by midsummer. Middlest's dental plan should be paid off by the end of next year. And, depending upon how large and how often any additional principal payments are, the mortgage might be paid off in a little over two years from now. All of which are good things, indeed.

Right now I am teetering on the edge of sleep. For a moment, I was standing in the hall of my parents' last house, with one eye looking into their bedroom and the other into the bathroom. This is ordinarily the time I would be lying down for a nap, having stayed up until nearly dawn watching British TV. I'm sure that I'll return to a normal(ish) sleep schedule at some point. And I did go to bed significantly earlier than I have been.

Time to get off the computer and start getting ready for church. Thank goodness for dry shampoo!

No comments: