About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Leftovers for breakfast

I awoke at dark-thirty with a stuffy head and a crabby cough. First step, after grabbing my glasses: out to the kitchen to nuke a mug of chicken broth, as it was too early to use my inhaler. Reheat the remaining square of cornbread in the microwave, add butter, and zap it for a few seconds to melt said butter. Nuke and polish off yesterday's oatmeal. Grab yesterday's leftover chipotle chicken flatbread pizza to finish the job of wrestling my sinuses into submission.

So now I am more than vaguely full and less than perfectly de-congested, but I am breathing somewhat freely and no longer wobbly from insufficient sleep or low blood sugar.

Yesterday I did a huge restocking of the pantry via Costco, and today I will finish the job via Kroger. I would far rather curl up in bed and aim for another three to five hours of sleep

Just got hit with another wave of the groggies. I'm going to fix some warm milk and go after that nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is well. I know it can be difficult to adjust to retirement. Happy New Year !