About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Quiet weekend.

Deliberately so. I'd originally planned to go to the Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth. But the maintenance on the Tardis put paid to picking up something new and useful for the house. And I've been dashing about for the past several weekends.

My home teacher / visiting teacher friends invited me to go see the new LDS movie with them, but I suspect that "Freetown" (based on real life) would have just that much too much violence for my personal comfort. I can handle cartoon violence, like the mayhem in "The Avengers" just fine. I've yet to see "The Saratov Approach". And probably won't.

So I stayed home, ate a delicious ham and cheese sandwich made by my own two hands, and skimmed home dec books I've brought home from the library. I'm actually *reading* "The Meaghan Method" because of her approach. She emphasizes pondering what you want to do in a given room and taking it one room at a time.

What do I want to do in my bedroom? (It's currently too messy and disorganized to deserve the title of boudoir.) Sleep, obviously. Sit up and read in bed. Do needlework. Listen to music. Look out the window.

I have no idea what the view might be. The window is covered by two lengths of rust colored fabric. My primary focus for three years has been to make sure they meet in the middle. There are fishing themed tchotchkes (sp?) on the windowsill. Neither they nor the windowsill have been dusted within memory.

Beloved's large and ugly L-shaped desk occupies nearly a quarter of the room if you factor in the rolling chair. When he passed it was piled high with his stuff. Now it is piled high with mine. I cringe every time I look at it. The clutter, and the desk, should be gone by the end of the year.

So what do I plan on doing today? Going to gym. And then the library for two hours. More reading. Stitching the ribbon and snaps onto Charity's sweater. Cooking, I think. A modicum of painting if the muse is willing. A handful of groceries.

Later, gators!

No comments: