About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

That's how sick I was.

Couldn't even spell Amoxicillin properly. Feeling much better now. Still on antibiotics for another couple of days, and my head isn't entirely clear, but my ear no longer hurts, and I'm not sneezing violently. Much. Fourthborn was ever so helpful to me last week. I took Wednesday off and mostly slept, going out long enough to pick her up well after rush hour so she could be here when the cable dudes arrived on Thursday. I am not blogging from my phone. I am blogging from my very own computer in my very own living room. Everything on this computer is backed up on my new external hard drive, and the hard drive and Beloved's computer are back at Wolfie's. Beloved's computer stopped turning on about the same time I brought this one back, well and whole. Maybe it's a jealousy thing? What I am hoping is that Wolfie will be able to fire up Beloved's computer, possibly restore it to full functioning, but at the very least be able to extract all the files off of it, because that's where I have my spreadsheet for sacrament meeting music for the rest of the year, and my budget spreadsheet, and FirstWife's genealogy, and enough recipes for the rest of my life, and and and... Work has been hectic. My day off for my birthday put me behind. The two hours I took off for the memorial service a week ago Monday put me behind. I was home, sick, on Wednesday. I am still digging out, but I made it a matter of prayer this morning, and I feel that I was relatively productive. I cleared about half of my to-do's. And I've closed several files. Fourthborn spent Friday updating my computer for me. I haven't used my iPod, but iTunes is up to date and ready when I am. I have a new antivirus program. She did this while waiting for the plumbers, because on Wednesday night or Thursday morning the commode in the guest loo decided it no longer wanted to flush. And then the other decided got a little temperamental. Turns out that neither of them was clogged. It was a matter of water pressure, and it's fixed, along with the drippy faucet in the sink in the master bathroom. But no fun money for awhile. Thankfully I do have savings, so while it was inconvenient financially, the timing was excellent, as Fourthborn was already here and I didn't have to take off work. We got a lot of small projects crossed off the list. She finished painting the "castles" for the corners of the baseboards. She got some of the detail painting done in the big window in the kitchen. I got three coats of paint on the double doors in the hallway. I'm about to put on my painting clothes and see if I can finish that before bedtime. I'm taking a friend to the airport at dark-thirty tomorrow morning, so I will probably spend very little time doing family history research between now and bedtime. That's OK, because they were bugging me in my sleep last night. I wish all the research I did in my dreams just before waking, counted. You would be able to hear my ancestors cartwheeling all over Heaven if it did. I've had eight of those three-drawer rolling plastic carts since I sold skincare products. The last two of them went out the door last weekend. I found unsewn quilt blocks from 2005-2006. Two Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum angel patterns that I bought when the girls were young, both of which would look marvelous stitched up and hanging on the wall in the dining room. I googled her for the correct spelling of her name and learned that she passed away three years ago. I bet she's stitching rainbows with my friend Nita in the eternities. That's all I've got for you tonight. It's great to no longer be limited by my swyping finger.

No comments: