About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Widow 102.

My ward lost two valiant priesthood holders on a dark highway out of state yesterday morning. The father was bringing his recently returned missionary son home from college for the summer and was driving. Multiple vehicles were involved in a chain collision. Which is why I found myself just before midnight on the sidewalk in front of their house, having delivered some potato leek soup, and entering into the next phase of my own widowhood. The one where I am truly able to mourn with those who mourn. One of the things I did right after church (our bishop called everyone into the cultural hall immediately after the block of meetings) was to call or text my kids and tell them I love them. I also called Squishy and asked him to let his brothers know. The mom has been a great friend in my own widowhood. Now it's my turn to help her.

If you and I are friends on FB, I posted a link to a fundraiser one of the relatives has set up. If you can, and you feel impressed to do so, please contribute.

Life is precious, people. Do the people you love, know it?

No comments: