About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

BittyBit's Bitty Socks, Revisited



This is a severely cropped photo of a sock-in-progress and a wildly waving foot. Unless you've dealt with a 20-month-old, you have no idea how difficult it is to keep said sock-in-progress on a foot that would rather be bare, much less photograph it and not reveal the chaos that was my dining room table while the socks were underway.

This is all that is left of the yarn after one big pair of socks for me, and one somewhat smaller pair for BittyBit. The ball is a little less than 2-1/2" in diameter. I think -- I hope -- there is enough for a pair of toes for a third pair of socks, and maybe enough for a pair of heels. I bought three new sock-weight yarns over the past week, each inspired by a color in this Cherry Tree Hill. But that is a subject for another blog entry.

I am amazed at the speed and variety with which my stash is growing. My Knit Night friends? Enablers one and all, but I mean that in the nicest possible way.

These are the finished socks, dancing a little jig. I was dancing a little jig, myself, at having finished my second pair of socks in less than a week, when the first pair took just over a month.

This is one finished sock on a foot only temporarily at rest. Thank you, honeys, I think you both deserve another batch of brownies!

No comments: