About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thou mammering, earth-vexing miscreant!

Thou errant, dizzy-eyed minnow! Thou impertinent, sheep-biting baggage!

That would be me, chastising myself in cobbled-together Elizabethan cussing. http://www.renfaire.com/Language/insults.html

Why, you ask? Yesterday I broke one of my CP DP's. Which left me with nine. Tonight at Knit Night, I made one vanish into thin air! Houdini couldn't have done a more thorough job.

I checked my box of tools. I frisked the handful of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock that remains for finishing BittyBit's Bitty Socks. I checked the bag that I lug stuff around in. I opened my planner and flipped pages. I carefully unloaded my planner tote and inspected it for contraband.

As a last resort, I took one of the surviving needles up to the barrista and showed it to him and said they'd probably find one in a corner while sweeping up, and to please save it for me. I think I was too wild-eyed with frustration for him to say anything other than a hasty but enthusiastic "Yes, ma'am!"

I am going to log off and take everything back to my bed and check -- carefully -- again. I have the sinking feeling that I have inadvertently wandered onto the set of "And Then There Were None."

What would Miss Marple do?

1 comment:

TheDrollEclectic said...

Oh Dear! I thought for sure you'd find that needle in one of your bags. We'll have to get Gil Grissom on the scene. See you tomorrow!