About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thou mammering, earth-vexing miscreant!

Thou errant, dizzy-eyed minnow! Thou impertinent, sheep-biting baggage!

That would be me, chastising myself in cobbled-together Elizabethan cussing. http://www.renfaire.com/Language/insults.html

Why, you ask? Yesterday I broke one of my CP DP's. Which left me with nine. Tonight at Knit Night, I made one vanish into thin air! Houdini couldn't have done a more thorough job.

I checked my box of tools. I frisked the handful of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock that remains for finishing BittyBit's Bitty Socks. I checked the bag that I lug stuff around in. I opened my planner and flipped pages. I carefully unloaded my planner tote and inspected it for contraband.

As a last resort, I took one of the surviving needles up to the barrista and showed it to him and said they'd probably find one in a corner while sweeping up, and to please save it for me. I think I was too wild-eyed with frustration for him to say anything other than a hasty but enthusiastic "Yes, ma'am!"

I am going to log off and take everything back to my bed and check -- carefully -- again. I have the sinking feeling that I have inadvertently wandered onto the set of "And Then There Were None."

What would Miss Marple do?

1 comment:

Eclectichick said...

Oh Dear! I thought for sure you'd find that needle in one of your bags. We'll have to get Gil Grissom on the scene. See you tomorrow!