About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Very Clever Toe

The first sock is done. I was a little dubious as I read the directions for the toe shaping, but they are brilliant. Though I will admit that I was twitching a little, with decreases every third row instead of every other row until the shaping was about 2/3 done. Then it was every other row for a bit, then every row, and then I turned the sock inside out and whisked the ends of the needles through and did a three needle bind-off.



I have my provisional cast-on and my skinny DP’s. I’ll start the second sock on the train this morning.

In the next couple of weeks, I will have some news for you on the job front.

Another cheery, comfy visit with Trainman last night, and my delightful VT came over after work. We chatted and chatted until it was “Oh dear, look at the time!” I really like her.

Must dash. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and knitted for two and a half hours. The tub is nearly full, and I need to leave for the train in twenty minutes.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You are so silly and I never understand a word about the knitting part but it so comforting to know that like clockwork, there will be some note about your life here for me to check in with each day.
Love ya!