About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Door Prize Scarf

I finally got it blocked yesterday. The pattern is Lace Ladder and Twist, from Barbara Walker’s A Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Vol. 1.



Yarn is KnitPicks Gloss Lace in Aegean. Blocked size is 14” wide by 66” long. One of the girls in my graduating class was six feet tall. I wanted to make sure this was long enough for her, should she win it as a door prize.



I will bundle this up and get it in the mail to the reunion committee later this week.

Started a small doll project yesterday. The sweater for Chutzpah needs more time and peace and quiet for designing the next phase, than I have had when I would normally knit in public. So I am noodling around with the leftover Schaefer Anne from my Swallowtail Shawl. I think there is enough for a simple vest for Faith.

Had a blast at Firstborn’s birthday party last night. I just love all those characters from 1BDH’s side of the family!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am so incredibly blessed that ALL my family gets along and even likes each other.