About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yarn Swap

A woman contacted me over on Ravelry, asking if I had a spare skein of the teal KnitPicks Gloss Lace. She would be happy to buy it. I asked if she had the same yarn in a different color. I love this yarn to bits, and I am a bit tealed-out at the moment. She did: the silvery grey. So I mailed her the teal, and she mailed me the grey, and we are both happy campers, only out the cost of mailing flat rate boxes to one another. I was simply not in the mood to deal with PayPal this time around.

This grey is exactly the color I hoped it would be, when I first saw it in the catalogue. There is just the merest suggestion of lavender to it, which means that it will go wonderfully with the necktie skirt I thought I was making for Jessica or Blessing, but which fits Celeste. And it will also go with Faith’s hooves and fetlocks, which are plummy charcoal and warm lilac, respectively. (Hey, you paint your fantasy creatures the colors you want them, and I’ll have Fourthborn paint mine the colors I want them.)

Firstborn and Kristen, thank you for your lovely comments recently. No, I wasn't familiar with that poem, or if I’d read it, it was so long ago that I had forgotten it entirely. But yeah, I do know how that feels.

For those of you who are spinners, I have just fired up a spinning-related blog. Don’t expect a lot of activity there for awhile. It’s all the Yarn Harlot’s fault, what with her Tour de Fleece activity. I told her so, too.

Three days until jury duty. Four days until dinner with the new guy.

No comments: